top of page
Mindfulness is awareness, cultivated by paying attention in a sustained and particular way; on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgementally. It is one of many forms of meditation, if you think of mediation as any way in which we engage in:
(1) systematically regulating our attention and energy
(2) thereby influencing and possibly transforming the quality of our experience
(3) in the service of realizing the full range of our humanity and of
(4) our relationship to others and the world.
- Mindfulness for Beginners, by Jon Kabat-zinn
“Peace is every step.
The shining red sun is my heart.
Each flower smiles with me.
How green, how fresh all that grows.
How cool the wind blows.
Peace is every step.
It turns the endless path to joy.
-Tinh Thuy, senior student of
Thich Nhat Hanh
bottom of page